Monday, July 7, 2008

My handmade reference book and best friends page

This is my reference book..... there's a story why I made it. Here's the thing my Aunt has one too and hers is bigger and more nicer than mine and I thought that she made it "handmade" so I wanted mine to look as nice and neat as hers. I then found out hers was in a kit and she said I am very talented to make one as good as hers!! So here is what I did.....
Items Used
pattern cardstock
tabs
rub on letters
ribbon
cardboard
3 rings
crop a dile
How I did it
I measured where I needed to punch holes(then punched them) then I put the rings on, found styles of ribbon I liked(tied them on) put the cardboard and paper on the rings. If you can see the other ones, I made 4 blue tabs and wrote the parts of my reference book on there like binder tabs.... you know the ones where you write the subject on the folder. Hope you get that ok!

On this one of me and my friends I used stickles, brads, different colored flowers, ribbon, tin metal, and part of a polkadotted cardstock. The technique I used on this one was layering.

3 comments:

RobinDiane said...

Your reference book is so cool! That is a great idea.

Great job on the layout!

LisaW said...

Your Aunt Lisa sent me here, and WOW am I glad! Love the reference book! I think it's great that you were able to look at a project, dissect it, and make it on your own - that's a cool skill to have!

Your layouts show a good eye for design! Great work!

LisaW

Judy said...

Your Aunt Lisa sent me here also. The reference book is really great and you should be very proud of your layouts. Keep up the good work!